The services (hereinafter the “Services”) in the website of educoco（website address：http://educoco.udn.com， hereinafter the “Website”） are put in place and provided by the United Daily News Co, Ltd. In becoming a member of educoco, you will also enjoy the relevant rights as a member of udn.
If you are a minor of less than 20 years of age, you should read, understand, and agree to all provisions of these Service Terms and Conditions or all subsequent revisions and changes thereto together with your legal representative (or guardian) before you register to become a member and use or continue to usethe Services. When you use or continue to use the Services, it shall be deemed that your legal representative (or guardian) has read, understood, and agreed to accept all provisions of these Service Terms and Conditions and all subsequent revisions and changes thereto.
Udn is an online information platform established jointly by" “United Daily News Co,Ltd.” and “United Online Co,Ltd.”, who also provide services to the users for the portals established and operated by each of these companies (hereinafter the “udn Member Services”). To save the users from duplication of information provisions and complicated application procedures, all users that apply for member services (hereinafter a “Member” or “You”) are only required to acquire membership and agree to the Service Terms and Conditions once before they can use the udn Member Services. These Member Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between a Member and each company of the United Daily News Group. We ask you to please read these Member Terms and Conditions carefully. After you complete the provision of the relevant basic information, registration, and certification procedure and start to use the udn Member Services, you shall be deemed to have learned about and fully agreed to all provisions of these Member Terms and Conditions.
Udn has the right to revise or change the provisions of the Member Terms and Conditions at any time as required. Unless the revision or change has a significant impact on the personal interest of the Members, udn will not give individual notice to the Members. However, the Member Terms and Conditions will be published on the “Member Registration Page” and “Member Log-In Page” of this Website. We suggest that you pay attention to the relevant revisions and changes at all times. If you continue to use the udn Member Services after any revision or change to these Member Terms and Conditions, you shall be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to the relevant revisions and changes. Fixed address members and enterprise members must require that the users within their group comply with these Member Terms and Conditions.
- Member Services
- Once udn completes and confirms your application, udn will provide you with the “general” member services, including:：
- Services provided by United Daily News: udn shopping services, cultural exhibition and information services by the Golden Media Group of Economic Daily, information about educational trips and overseas studies by United Daily News Group, themed speeches, emporiums and meeting services on the udn meeting network, interactive educational learning platform , or any other general member services that may be offered in the future.
- Services provided by United Online: Participation in online community, stock watching and configuration of My Stocks, futures, participation in events on the udn Star, news search on udn news database, participation in discussions on “Nihao Taiwan”, “My Digital Library”, download of E books, use of udn Classifieds, or any other general member services that may be offered in the future.
- The right in all relevant functions provided to you pursuant to Member Services and all other services belongs to udn or other legal right holders. The Members are only permitted to use such services during the service period in accordance with these Member Terms and Conditions or other individual service terms and conditions and shall not assign, transfer, lease, or lend in any manner the entitlement as a Member to any other third party.
- To fully service its Members, the Member agrees that udn will provide information from time to time about the udn Member Services, events organized by the United Daily News Group, and product information through email, electronic newsletters, advertising letters, catalogues, or short messages.
- The Member Services are only provided based on the currently available functions and status. Udn reserves the right to add, revise, or cancel all or part of any relevant system or function under the Member Services.
- To use the services of the udn Finance, please comply with the regulations applicable to the management of trading information, such as the Regulations Governing the Use of Trading Information of the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Account, Passcode, and Security
- Before using the Member Services, the full registration procedure must be completed. In the process of registration, you will be required to complete full and correct information.
- At the time of registration, you can choose an account number or use a valid email address of yours as your log-in identification. You will also set a passcode. In the process of using the Member Services, you shall be responsible for all acts undertaking after completion of log-in identification. Therefore, please keep your passcode properly.
- If you discover or suspect that your log-in identification or passcode has been used by another person fraudulently or improperly, please notify the administrator of this Website immediately so that this Website can undertake proper measures as soon as possible. However, such measures do not mean and shall not be interpreted as the Website’s express or implied responsibility or obligation to provide any compensation or indemnification to you.
- Data Privacy
You recognize and agree that when you register or use any Member Service, the personal information you provide or automatically collected by the server will be collected, processed, and used by udn in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China and the “United Daily News Group Website Privacy Statement”, including cross-country transmission and storage. Please read these links carefully in order to understand our practice. If any specific part of the service under the Member Services is operated together with any other contractor and if you are unwilling to disclose personal information to such other contractor, you can choose not to use such specific service. However, if you start to use such specific service, your personal information will be disclosed to the contractor or partner for such specific service after udn gives you express notification before the collection or transmission of information.
- Data Storage
- To seek stability of the system service, udn will regularly back up the data you save. However, we are not liable in any way for the storage of the backup. You must prepare your own backup of the data you provide or publish under the Member Services and you agree that we will not be liable for the deletion of any data or the failure to store any backup.
- The Member Services do not guarantee that the data you upload will be displayed normally, nor is there any guarantee about the correctness of the data transmission. If you discover any error or omission in the Member Services, please inform the administrator of this Website immediately.
- Authorization for Graphic Files, Pictures, and Other Work or Data
- To provide better Member Services to the Members, udn will contact other contractors or partners to provide all types of graphic files, pictures or other work or data for the Members’ viewing, search or use. However, such graphic files, pictures, and other work or data are provided by such individual contractors and partners and the guarantee for the legality thereof is provided to the users by such individual contractors or partners.
- In uploading or publishing any data under the Member Services, the member agrees to authorize the Website to use or authorize any other person to use such data for the purpose of providing services to the Members and promoting the Website.
- Search, Index or Image Search
The services or functions for search, index, or image search provided under the Member Services are limited to automatic service that we provide through computer program systems. The users will perform search or index based on the conditions selected or fixed by the user. Therefore, the results of such search, index or image search received and the relevant links are provided by the websites of such sources and relevant third parties and shall be under the sole responsibility of such websites, you agree that udn shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such sources.
- Advertisement, Information and Contents
- We do not guarantee the completeness and correctness of any information, advertisement or content suggestion (including but not limited to commercial, investment, medical and legal) acquired from your use of the Member Services or through other websites linked by the Member Services.
- Udn has the right to revise or delete any information or suggestion provided under the Member Services. Out of respect for the intellectual property rights of the content providers, we will not make substantial review or revision to the content provided, nor shall we be liable for the correctness or veracity of such contents. You should make your own judgment about the correctness and veracity of such contents. If you believe that any content is infringing or false, please reflect to the content provider.
- User Behavior
- Any commercial conduct without prior authorization is prohibited.
- You must comply with applicable laws and regulations and you shall be liable for any act performed with the user name and passcode and all information stored. You must agree not to engage in the following：
- Publish or store any libelous, fraudulent, harmful, obscene, pornographic, gambling or any other file or information that violates the law.
- Publish or store any information that infringes upon any other person’s intellectual property right or other interest.
- Collect any other person’s email address and other personal information without consent.
- Makes any excerpt or use of all or part of the contents in any database under the Member Services without consent.
- Publish or store any virus or any program or message that will damage or interfere with the computer system or data.
- Damage or interfere with the operation of the system of the Member Services or engage in any conduct that is in violation of general online etiquette.
- Access member service system or any network related to the system without authorization or use any other person’s account number.
- Interrupt or interfere with the use of the Member Services by any other user.
- Theft of any member account, passcode, or access right to the Member Services through improper channels.
- No member shall use the Services to engage in any commercial conduct or any conduct that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the Member Services are provided.
- If your use of the Member Services involves any copyright matter, you agree to comply with the provisions of the “Copyright Statement”. The copyright or any other relevant intellectual property right of all text, graphic files, pictures and other work or data under the Member Services remain with the individual contractor or other legal right holder of such text, graphic files, pictures and other work or data and are provided by such contractor or other legal right holder for the use of the members under their own rights or license.
- Your use shall be personal and you shall not: Use any such text, graphic files, pictures or other work or data in any sale, assignment, lease, lending, re-assignment, gift with book, or any commercial purpose in any other form without prior authorization.
- Upload them to any other website or provide them for the use by any other person.
- Use them for any pornography, insult, libel, illegal transaction or any other conduct that is inconsistent with the Copyright Act or any other law.
- Engage in any revision or editing for any of the above purposes.In case of any dispute regarding the attribution of the right in relation to any text, graphic file, picture or other work or data or any other dispute of legality, the Website has the right to directly stop the provision thereof or directly delete or ask its Member to stop the use thereof at any time without notice.
- Limited Liability
- The udn Member Services are provided based on the functions and current status at the time of the services and udn does not provide any warranty or guarantee liability in any form or scope with regard to any specific user requirement or need, including but not limited to speed, security, reliability, completeness, correctness and no interruption or no error.
- Udn does not guarantee that files or data will be reliable and error-free during transmission, nor does it guarantee the security, reliability, completeness, correctness and non-interruption and non-error of any file or data that is stored or transmitted. The members should bear sole liability for and the Website shall be held harmless from any loss of any mail, file, or data during transmission or in storage, as well as any breakdown of computer system.
- Other than willful conduct or gross negligence, udn shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage caused by the sole use of the member Services provided by udn, even if udn has been advised of such possibility.
- Udn does not guarantee any member’s interest in any private transaction or service with any contractor through udn. You should bear all liability for any loss incurred as a member and udn will not be liable for, nor compensate any member’s loss.
- Protection for Children and Youth
To ensure the security of children and youth in Internet use and to avoid any infringement against privacy, any use of the Services by any minor less than 20 years of age shall subject to prior consent by the legal representative (or guardian). To process any cash flow transaction (such as purchase of content services, etc.), the legal representative (or guardian) must accompany the user.
- Suspension or Interruption of Service
- Under the following circumstances, udn will suspend or interrupt all or part of the Member Services and shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage incurred to any user：
- Relocation, replacement, upgrade, maintenance or repair of any software or hardware equipment related to Member Services；
- Any violation of government law or these Member Terms and Conditions by any user；
- Suspension or interruption of service caused by act of God or other force majeure；
- Suspension or interruption of service caused by other reasons not attributable to udn.
- In case of suspension or interruption of service for any “routine” maintenance, relocation or change of the Member Service system or function, udn will inform the members by email, public announcement or in any other appropriate manner before the suspension or interruption.
- If the Member Services are suspended or interrupted in whole or in part due to any user’s violation of applicable law or these user Terms and Conditions, or in accordance with the requirement of any relevant competent authority, or due to any other reason that is not attributable to udn, fee shall remain payable during the suspension or interruption period.
- Termination of Service
- Based on the operation of the company, the Member Services may stop offering all or part of the services and no user shall seek any compensation or indemnification based on this reason.
- If you breach these Member Terms and Conditions, udn reserves the right to stop offering the services or to terminate the services at any time and you shall not seek any compensation or indemnification based on this reason.
- If any file or data you publish or store under the Member Services violates any law, breaches these Member Terms and Conditions or may infringe upon any third party’s right, udn reserves the right to remove, delete or stop the offering of services directly without notice. If udn suffers any damage, you shall be liable for compensating our damages.
- Effect of Individual Clauses: If these clauses are invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the other agreements shall not be affected.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction：
The rights and obligations between the members and the Website shall be governed by the Internet regulations and the laws of the Republic of China. In case of any dispute, the parties agree for the Taiwan Taipei District Court to be the first-instance court of jurisdiction. Any statement or clause on this Website that is not fully stipulated shall be resolved through negotiation based on maximum sincerity and under the principles of honesty, good faith, equality and mutual benefit.
- These Member Terms and Conditions were last revised on 20 September 2012.